I am a research fellow in Genetic Epidemiology at the UCL Genetics Institute and UCL Division of Psychiatry. The focus of my current research project is on the genetics of depression in trans-ethic populations. I undertook my PhD training in genetic epidemiology at the University of Edinburgh and graduated with PhD degree in 2018. My PhD project focused on causal relationships between vitamin D level and multiple health outcomes using the UK Biobank data. Afterward, I worked as postdoctoral research fellow in Tsinghua University.
The key project I join is a genetic discovery effort for major depression disorders across different populations, as part of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium (PGC).
- Li, X., Meng, X., He, Y., … Theodoratou, E. (2019). Genetically determined serum urate levels and cardiovascular and
other diseases in UK Biobank cohort: A phenome-wide mendelian
randomization study. PLoS Med., 16(10).
- Meng, X., Li, X., Timofeeva, M. N., … Theodoratou, E. (2019). Phenome-wide Mendelian-randomization study of genetically
determined vitamin D on multiple health outcomes using the UK
Biobank study. Int. J. Epidemiol., 48(5).
- Li, X., Meng, X., Spiliopoulou, A., … Theodoratou, E. (2018). MR-PheWAS: exploring the causal effect of SUA level on
multiple disease outcomes by using genetic instruments in UK
Biobank. Ann. Rheum. Dis., 77(7).
- Li, X., Meng, X., Timofeeva, M., … Theodoratou, E. (2017). Serum uric acid levels and multiple health outcomes: umbrella
review of evidence from observational studies, randomised
controlled trials, and Mendelian randomisation studies. BMJ, 357.
- Theodoratou, E., Timofeeva, M., Li, X., Meng, X., & Ioannidis, J. P. A. (2017). Nature, Nurture, and Cancer Risks: Genetic and Nutritional
Contributions to Cancer. Annu. Rev. Nutr., 37.
- Wu, H., Meng, X., Wild, S. H., Gasevic, D., & Jackson, C. A. (2017). Socioeconomic status and prevalence of type 2 diabetes in
mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan: a systematic review. J. Glob. Health, 7(1).
- Li, X., Song, P., Timofeeva, M., … Theodoratou, E. (2016). Systematic meta-analyses and field synopsis of genetic and
epigenetic studies in paediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Sci. Rep., 6.
- Wang, H.-J., Hinney, A., Song, J.-Y., … Ma, J. (2016). Association of common variants identified by recent genome-wide
association studies with obesity in Chinese children: a
case-control study. BMC Med. Genet., 17, 7.
- Meng, X.-R., Song, J.-Y., Ma, J., … Wang, H.-J. (2014). Association study of childhood obesity with eight genetic
variants recently identified by genome-wide association studies. Pediatr. Res., 76(3).
- Liu, F.-H., Song, J.-Y., Shang, X.-R., Meng, X.-R., Ma, J., & Wang, H.-J. (2014). The gene-gene interaction of INSIG-SCAP-SREBP pathway on the
risk of obesity in Chinese children. Biomed Res. Int., 2014, 538564.